Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Censoredddd

Have I ever been censored?

hhhmm. this is an interesting question.

Yes, as a mater of fact, I have.

I grew up in a family of seven, me being the youngest of 5 kids.

Naturally, my brothers and sisters thought it was hilarious to make me swear.

(I was such an innocent kid!) but the catch was if I didn't swear, they'd tell mother I did.



My oldest brother Pat was the worst! I was probably the closest to him. We'd go shopping and he'd come hang out with me, even though we are so far apart in age. I grew up constantly yelling at him, "Stop using the F-Bomb!" thats what we'd call it.



Time went by, and I grew up and these words started to become more of my vocabulary.

He started going to this church where swearing seemed to be the end of the world.

One Christmas Eve, the whole family was over. It was odd enough that no one seems to like eachother these days, but everyone being so different was the hardest thing.

Pat: The church guy.
Joe: The "Bad ass".
Emily: The worried mother.
Alex: Head in the clouds.
Me: Innocent little sister.

I didn't know that I was no longer aloud to say "Damn" or "Hell" because my 27-year-old brother would be offended.

I was always snapped on, and felt like I was five-years-old again, when someone hears you say something "naughty" and you have to go sit on a time out.

I was almost 18. It had gotten a little ridiculous.

The guy who taught me what those words ment, the one who forced me to say them was the one treating me like a five-year-old.

No comments: