Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Story of the absurd. :)

Every year my family takes a vacation to Panama City Beach, Fl. It was April of eighth grade year and Lindsey R came with our family. We met my cousins down there and on the first night decided to take a walk on the beach. Never having problems before, we thought this would be okay. It was 5:30 at night and very few people were on the beach at this point. We continued walking and saw an older gentleman "tanning" right by the water in his pink lawn chair. We thought it was odd, first because the sun is nearly gone, its kind of cold and he is sitting right in the open. As we grew closer to this man we noticed he was wearing a speedo. We continued to walk and all made it clear that no one would look at this man and we'd walk right by like nothing had happened, but as we were growing closer, I noticed this man was completely naked.

We were laughing, but tried to all hide it as we walked by. I dropped my flip flop just feet in front of him, and started SPRINTING to the other three girls. We continued walking for another half mile, and on our way back we noticed he was gone. We started walking faster as we were only a couple hotels away from ours, and were all laughing so hard that we couldn't wait to tell our parents and sibling what had happened. We were not two hotels away and I looked up and saw this man sitting in this chair with binoculars...FOLLOWING US with them. We started sprinting has fast as possible, as we saw him run to the road to get in this car and follow us. It was the scariest moment of my life. This grown man was following four young girls.

A year later we went to PCB again and this time the entire family was walking down to go eat dinner, while my cousins family were running a little late they were somewhat behind us. I told my mom that i thought the guy lived right up here, when we saw his dog and saw him...i started freakin' out. I acted like nothing happened, and when my cousin who was behind us showed up, i told her that I saw the man and his dog... "I PET THAT DOG!" she screamed.

Every year from now on, we joke about it and joke about how dumb we were and how absurd this whole incindent was. : )

2 comments:

Lindsey R said...

HAHAH! That was so scary! Especially hearing all these stories of teenaged girls that get kidnapped all the time on spring break.. he was for sure a CREEPER!But it was pretty hillarious at the same time! Sprinting in the sand is not the easiest thing to do either.. hah I just remember collapsing when we got inside our room and closed all the blinds :) I thought it was funny that out of all the girls with us, you had to be the one to drop your flip-flop right in front of the naked old man :) Good times.

Marisa said...

OMG! Thats crazy.. I would have been so scared. That must have been so awk to see some random guy sunbathing with no sun naked! Definitely an interesting experience.